The Best Blenders for Smoothies Guide for You
In This Article:
- 1 What This Site Is About
- 2 What Can You Expect?
- 3 My Quick Best Blenders Choice
- 4 What Are the Best Nature Made Vitamins?
- 5 Why You Want to (Start) Drink(ing) Smoothies?
- 6 Easy Smoothie Recipes
- 7 What Key Points to Look For in a Good Blender
- 8 The Top 10 of the Best Blenders for Smoothies
What This Site Is About
What Can You Expect?
- The Top 10 Best Blenders; On this page you will find my personal selection of the 10 best blenders out there. Notice that there are cheaper and more expensive blenders. But I can guarantee you that all of the 10 blenders are all of excellent quality and for multi-purpose use (so not only to make Smoothies!)
- Recipes. What good is a blender if you don’t get the best Smoothie recipes? Well that’s what I thought as well. So in addition to telling you what a good blender looks like, I’ve also added a number of easy, and fast but certainly deliciously tasting Smoothies. And not only that. They’re extremely healthy too!
- Why you want to (start) drink(ing) Smoothies. Here I talk about the health benefits of Smoothies. Let alone the time and money savings you can get in terms of eating healthy.
- Best blenders for Smoothies individual reviews. Besides the Top 10 Smoothie blenders on this page (scroll down to see a handy table), you will find an extensive blender product review on this site.
- Maintaining your blender. In order to enjoy a lifetime of benefit from using your Smoothies blender, you should maintain it properly. Here I’ll tell you how, why, and how often.
- When to buy which fruit when they are in season so you don’t spend a fortune.
My Quick Best Blenders Choice
In the chart below, you can see a quick overview of the best blenders for smoothies that I like best. Of course, there are plenty more blenders out there. But this will give you a good starting point. I’ve reviewed Smoothie blenders that cover a wide range of functions. From smaller ones to more sturdy ones to the top of the top. Of each blender you find in this table you’ll find an more in-depth review when you click on the name link.
What it Looks Like
5 Being Best
|Magic Bullet MBR-1701||$50||13 x 8.5 x 10.5 inches||6||3.6|
|Hamilton Beach 58148 Power Elite MultiFunction Blender||$25||9.5 x 6.8 x 15 inches||700 Watts||7.7||4.1|
|Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender Review||$90||12.9 x 9 x 13 inches||600 Watts||7.4||4.0|
|VitaMix TurboBlend Two Speed||$479||20 x 8.8 x 7.2 inches||2 hp's||10||4.6|
|Vitamix Professional Series 200 Blender||$549||9 x 8.8 x 20.2 inches||Enough||16||4.8|
|Oster 8-Speed Glass Jar Blender||$50||10.3 x 7.2 x 13 inches||450 Watts||7||4.1|
|Cuisinart CPB-300 SmartPower||$130 - $60||10.1 x 15.8 x 10 inches||350 Watts||7||3.9|
|Ninja QB900B Master Prep||$50||10 x 11 x 6 inches||450 Watts||6||4.4|
|Ninja BL 660 Professional Style Blender||$120||12W x 9.25D x 16H inch||1000 Watts||10.5||4.4|
What Are the Best Nature Made Vitamins?
It sounds easy enough: when you want your daily dose of vitamins, you just open a jar and pop a couple of the essentials. But it doesn’t have to be that way with a little bit of effort and planning. I should emphasize on little bit of effort and planning. Because it is really not difficult to eat those kinds of food that contain the maximum of natural vitamins. The advantage is even two fold: You get the natural vitamins, and you save money that you won’t have to spend on buying artificial vitamins. Want know all about it, click here to read more.
Why You Want to (Start) Drink(ing) Smoothies?
Before getting to the Top 10 of best blenders, I would like to spend a word on why you would want to drink Smoothies in the first place. Lets start with the short list of benefits, after I will elaborate on each of the points.
- Healthy. Eating fruit (or in this case drinking it) is healthy. Simple as that.
- Saves Time. Here Smoothies have a typical advantage over eating fruit: it is a huge time saver when you’re a busy person.
- Money Safer. Yes, it will also save you money. Why? Because if you get yourself the best blender for your Smoothie, in the long run you will safe money on expensive out-of-season fruits.
- Stock up. One of the great advantages of Smoothies is that you can make lots of them, put them in the freezer and drink them later.
Smoothies are Healthy
Eating fruit is healthy. We all know that. In the “old” days we here in the Western World, did not have access to fruits year round. We ate strawberries in Summer and nothing in Winter. But with the on going globalization there is more and more access to year round fruit. And more and more different fruits. The healthy benefits of fruits are plentiful. They contain all sorts of vitamins. Many fruits (and also the Smoothies) contain a massive amount of the Anti-oxidants we need so much in our stressful and hectic lives. They contain natural fibers that our body needs to cleanse it selves. But it’s not only fruits with which you can make Smoothies. How about carrots? Beet root? Ginger? Or a combination of those? Look for a recipe on this combination here.
Smoothies Save You Time
Possibly the fastest fruit you can eat and need to peel is a banana. Then there are fruits you can eat with the skin. Think apple, pear. But still there are a couple of (agreed, sometimes minor) discomforts. It does take more time to eat a banana, apple or pear than to drink one. Then your fingers could get dirty. And finally what do you do with the waste (remember that last banana peel you left in your car overnight?). Now consider the next scenario: You get up in the morning, open the fridge, take out a Smoothie, drink it and you’re done! Of course you re-use the plastic container, right? And yes, you need to make the Smoothies first, but the time you make 5 strawberry vanilla Smoothies takes as much time as eating one portion of strawberries alone (without the nice vanilla combination!).
Smoothies Will Safe You Money
Buying strawberries in early Spring can be a costly affair. Buy them in Summer and your get 3 for the price of 1. The same for blueberries. The point here is that fruit is more expensive when they are out of season, and need to be shipped in. So if you do your planning a bit right you could safe quite a lot of money by buying fruits that are in season at the time, and than freezing the fresh Smoothies you make with them. All this without losing any of their nutritional values.
Planning is Everything
On this website we will also give you the best time to stock up on certain Smoothie fruits. Planning ahead a little (see my previous point) can be both a money and in the end a time saver. And if you make a bit of space in your freezer you will be all set for quite some time to come.
Easy Smoothie Recipes
If you’ve ever had a blender and made smoothies, than you will definitely agree: making a smoothie is easy as one, two, three. That is one of the great advantaged of a blender and healthy food. Basically you only need to buy the ingredients, maybe make some ice, put everything together, blend and you’re done. On this site I want to offer you a selection of really simple recipes that you can make in a couple of minutes, that will not disappoint you, will taste wonderful, and are good for your health. All that in one machine. The only thing your need is that you pick one of the best blenders for smoothies and you’re done. Click here to read on.
What Key Points to Look For in a Good Blender
Of course you can go ahead, go to any Target or Wallmart and buy yourself a blender. For most people that will work just fine. Until, one day, you think “I want to crush some ice…”. You put the ice cubes in your blender, start the engine, and gone is your pitcher, because it is made of plastic. If you want to crush ice, you need a glass pitcher. Lesson learned. Personally So Why not educate yourself a bit more and buy the best blenders for smoothies that will serve you well and is money well spend? Here are the points to look for in any blender. Below that is our Top 10 of the best blenders for Smoothies. The Blades: Some argue that this is the most important part of any blender. I think it all depends on the total package. But yes the blades are essential. All blender blades are stainless steel. What you want to look out for are blades that have a thick base and are sharp of course. The thick blade will make the blades over all more stable and less likely to become numb. Look for blenders with 3 or more blades. Also if the blades are pointing in different directions (up, down, and horizontal) your end result will usually be better. The Pitcher: Most blenders will have a glass pitcher. You want a glass pitcher. Plastic will be cheaper, but you won’t be able to crush ice in it. Any sales person telling you it is possible has never used a blender before. Than there are blenders that come with different pitcher sizes. Consider what you will be using your blender for before buying. The pitcher size is mainly personal preference of course. The Engine: This might be a simple one. The higher the amount of watts the better. The only potential down turn is that the overall size of the blender increases, making portability less easy. One more point of consideration, if your blender of choice comes with different wattage, opt for the one with the stronger engine. Some blenders, when used often (5 times a day or more) burn the engine that is not strong enough. The Cleaning: This is an easy trick to clean pretty much any blender: Simply put detergent in your blender, add water (warm water) and blend for a minute. Rinse, and you’re done. Once in a while take out the blade and the seal, and clean that properly. Make sure you let the seal dry before you put it back. It will extent its life time.
The Top 10 of the Best Blenders for Smoothies
- Multi-purpose use
- Effectiveness to make a really good Smoothie
- Ease of cleaning
- Ease of maintenance
- And of course Price